We take the well-being of our clients extremely seriously and, during these uncertain times, we understand that health and safety must be our foremost priority.
To that end we have implemented a Covid-19 Guidance Policy aimed at keeping clients and guides as safe as is possible during the current crisis.
Our policy has been vetted by the relevant authorities who have awarded us the "We're Good To Go" mark and certificate.
The "We're Good To Go" industry standard mark is a scheme that has been designed by VisitEngland in partnership with the national tourist organisations Tourism Northern Ireland, VisitScotland and Visit Wales to provide a 'ring of confidence' for all sectors of the tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
To ensure that all our tours adhere to the relevant guidelines, all our routes have been walked and risk-assessed, and we will continue to do this on a weekly basis in order to ensure that our tours can be conducted in a safe and enjoyable manner. This might mean altering the route or changing some of the content of a tour, and we would ask for your understanding should this become necessary.
Obviously, having to adhere to certain rules and guidelines is not ideal, but we would ask for your co-operation in helping us to reduce any risk to yourselves, your guides and your fellow tour participants.
1) Your guide will stay familiar with and will abide by the most up-to-date guidance provided by the relevant health authorities to ensure that the tour adheres strictly to the most recent official recommendations.
2) The number of participants on each tour will be kept in line with the latest government recommended number of persons allowed in a social gathering. This number may well change from time to time.
3) Your guide will avoid shaking hands or making any other physical contact with clients at all stages of the tour. When speaking with clients the guide will maintain the recommended social distancing.
4) Your guide will maintain rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and washing hands and drying them before guiding. Your guide will use a personal hand sanitizer after touching objects such as gates or railings in the course of the tour, although we have endeavored to reduce the need for this. Please note, the guide will not be able to share hand sanitizer with members of the group and we ask that you bring your own and use it should you touch any surfaces in the course of the tour.
5) All tours will maintain government-recommended social distancing between the guide and the clients at all times. Clients from different households will be asked to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other at all times, both at the stops and when walking between the stops.
6) Your guide will speak in a conversational tone when addressing the group. He will also wear a visor to further reduce the chance of droplet escape. We are currently in the process of trialing a phone app that will enable clients to listen to Richard's commentary via Bluetooth on their mobile phones.
7) If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste and/or smell) then please do not take the tour. We will transfer you to another date. Please be aware that any participant who, in the guide's opinion, shows any symptoms will be asked to leave the tour as our priority at all times must be the well-being of all our clients at all times.
8) If the guide develops any symptoms of Covid-19 prior to the tour, we will immediately cancel the tour and contact you to let you know this has been done. In this case you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.